Our Midwest City clinic has an on-site SwimEx pool to treat our patients. Our South OKC clinic has access to local pools (such as OCCC or YMCA) to treat our patients.
Aquatic physical therapy has been clinically proven to be an effective treatment for many musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiopulmonary, and immunological disorders. In many cases, hydrotherapy in the acute stage of rehabilitation can be initiated earlier than land-based therapy.
Common Conditions for Aquatic Therapy
- Musculoskeletal sprains and strains
- Status-post fractures
- Lumbar spine injuries and surgeries
- Severe deconditioning
- Sports-related injuries
- Balance disorders
- Cardiopulmonary disorders
ASTYM is a manual therapy technique that uses acrylic tools on soft tissues. Astym is an evidence-based rehabilitation process designed to effectively treat chronic tendon disorders, scar tissue and fibrosis. The goal of Astym treatment is to stimulate the body’s healing response, resulting in the resorption and remodeling of scar tissue and the regeneration of degenerative tendons. This effective therapy incorporates a customized program of stretching and exercise, which positively influences the alignment of the new collagen.
Diagnoses that respond well to ASTYM:
Astym optimizes the patients' ability to regain function and return to normal, active lifestyles. The system offers many benefits:
- Resolves tough, chronic conditions, even where other treatments have failed
- Rapidly resolves pain and increases functional ability (in just 4- 5 weeks)
- Delivers long-term results
- Encourages patients to stay active in their work, sport or activity
- Offers positive and predictable results, supported by outcomes
- Evidence-based process that is supported by extensive research